A 25 31 0 A3
Contact: (336) 334-4822, ext. 50200
This curriculum prepares individuals for employment in medical and other health-care related offices.
Course work will include medical terminology; information systems; office management; medical coding, billing and insurance; legal and ethical issues; and formatting and word processing. Students will learn administrative and support functions and develop skills applicable in medical environments.
Employment opportunities are available in medical and dental offices, hospitals, insurance companies, laboratories, medical supply companies, and other health-care related organizations.
Upon successful completion of the Medical Office Administration - Healthcare Administration degree, the graduate should be able to:
- Apply healthcare principles
- Demonstrate healthcare management supervisory skills
- Perform financial management tasks
- Apply knowledge of various software packages to a variety of work settings
- Use medical terminology and vocabulary effectively
- Use collaboration and communication skills to work effectively and to achieve team goals