Electrical Systems Technology - Wiring Certificate
Contact: (336) 334-4822, ext. 53023
This curriculum is designed to provide training for persons interested in the installation and maintenance of electrical systems found in residential, commercial, and industrial facilities.
Coursework, most of which is hands-on, will include such topics as AC/DC theory, basic wiring practices, programmable logic controllers, industrial motor controls, applications of the National Electric Code, and other subjects as local needs require.
Graduates should qualify for a variety of jobs in the electrical field as an on-the-job trainee or apprentice assisting in the layout, installation, and maintenance of electrical systems.
Upon successful completion of this program, the Electrical System Technology Wiring Certificate, a graduate should be able to:
- Interpret electrical prints, schematics and diagrams
- Wire a residential and commercial structure
- Wire an industrial structure
- Ensure electrical work complies with the National Electric Code
- Demonstrate the professional employability skills that are expected in the workplace while maintaining safety
Total credit hours required for certificate: 16