Aerostructure Manufacturing and Repair Technology Diploma
The Aerostructure Manufacturing and Repair Technology curriculum prepares individuals to fabricate, manufacture, assemble, inspect, test, repair, and manage the construction of aerostructures in an industrial setting.
Coursework includes materials, tooling, aerostructure components, production procedures, planning, quality control, aerospace standards and aerostructure assemblies. Emphasis will be placed on aerostructure construction techniques, manufacturing processes, composite manufacturing and repair, and sheet metal structures manufacturing and repair.
Graduates should qualify for employment in aerostructure manufacturing and other similar industries as project assembly and repair technicians, quality testers and inspectors, tooling technicians, composite specialists, and fabricators.
Upon successful completion of the Aerostructure Manufacturing and Repair Technology Diploma, the graduate should be able to:
- Manufacture sheet metal aerostructures using common sheet metal assembly tools and procedures.
- Manufacture composite aerostructures using common composite manufacturing tools and procedures.
- Repair sheet metal airframe components using common sheet metal repair tools and procedures.
- Repair composite airframe components using common composite repair tools and procedures.
- Read and interpret aircraft drawings and work instructions.
- Have a basic understanding of the quality management system standards (QMS) for the aerospace industry.
Total credits required for diploma: 37