A 25 59 0 A2
Contact: (336) 334-4822, ext. 50325
The Computer Programming track prepares individuals for employment as computer programmers and related positions through study and applications in computer concepts, logic, programming procedures, languages, generators, operating systems, networking, data management, and business operations.
Students will solve business computer problems through programming techniques and procedures, using appropriate languages and software. The primary emphasis of the curriculum is hands-on training in programming and related computer areas that provide the ability to adapt as systems evolve.
Graduates should qualify for employment in business, industry, and government organizations as programmers, programmer trainees, programmer/analysts, computer operators, systems technicians, or database specialists.
Upon successful completion of the Information Technology, Computer Programming track, graduates should be able to:
- Analyze a problem using the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Provide a coding solution for a program to meet end-user specifications.
- Develop a program that integrates with a relational database.
- Develop a program that incorporates Object-Oriented programming methodologies.
- Identify inefficiencies in programming practices.
- Select an appropriate programming language to most effectively meet project requirements.
- Examine emerging technologies within the programming industry.
This degree can be completed in a traditional or completely online format. For more information about eDegree programs, please visit the eDegree website. http://edegree.gtcc.edu