D 60 46 0
Contact: (336) 334-4822, ext 50054
This curriculum is designed to prepare individuals in developing the basic knowledge and skills needed for employment in diesel powered medium and heavy-duty vehicles.
Students will learn the purpose, construction features, and principles of operation of medium and heavy-duty vehicles.
Graduates should qualify for entry level employment as a technician in a dealership, fleet shop, or independent garage.
Upon successful completion of the Heavy Equipment & Transport diploma, the graduate shall be able to:
- Repair medium to heavy-duty diesel engines
- Replace diesel engine components
- Repair medium to heavy-duty vehicle mechanical systems such as drive train, suspension and steering, and braking systems
- Repair medium to heavy-duty vehicle electrical and electronic systems and components
- Repair medium to heavy-duty vehicle climate control systems to include heating and air conditioning systems and their controls
- Perform preventative maintenance inspections
- Demonstrate compliance with industry personal and environmental safety practices