A 25 37 0
Contact: ( 336) 334-4822, ext. 50200
The Office Administration curriculum prepares individuals for positions in administrative support careers. It equips office professionals to respond to the demands of a dynamic computerized workplace.
Students will complete courses designed to develop proficiency in the use of integrated software, oral and written communication, analysis and coordination of office duties and systems, and other support topics. Emphasis is placed on non-technical as well as technical skills.
Graduates should qualify for employment in a variety of positions in business, government, and industry. Job classifications range from entry-level to supervisor to middle management.
Upon successful completion of the Office Administration program, the graduate should be able to:
- Apply knowledge of various software packages to a variety of work settings
- Communicate orally and in writing with customers and other office personnel
- Manage office records both electronically and manually
- Apply office knowledge to produce professional documents
- Use collaboration and communication skills to work effectively and to achieve team goals