A 10 80 0
Contact (336) 334-4822 ext. 50361
The Associate in Fine Arts in Theatre degree shall be granted for a planned program of study consisting of a minimum of 60 semester hours of college transfer courses. Within the degree program, GTCC includes opportunities for the achievement of competence in reading, writing, oral communication, fundamental mathematical skills, and basic computer use.
Upon successful completion of this degree, graduates will be able to:
- Obtain knowledge of a broad range of theatrical disciplines and experiences.
- Analyze the relationships between theatrical disciplines in order to resolve problems in practical areas of theatre production.
- Develop critical thinking skills necessary to appreciate the role of theatre in society.
- Evaluate text, performance, and production in a critical and conceptual manner.
- Explain production processes, aesthetic properties of style, and their cultural impact.
- Demonstrate critical awareness of the position of the performing arts within a complex society.