Entertainment Technologies - Recording Engineering Option, AAS - CIP Code: 10.0203
A 25 19 0 A1
Contact: (336) 334-4822, ext. 50361
This curriculum prepares individuals for entry-level employment in the entertainment industry, particularly in the field of recording engineering. Course work includes exposure to the entire process of recording engineering. Course work will also include music business fundamentals, including entertainment law and entertainment promotion. Students will also receive course work in music theory, electronic music, and concert sound and lighting. Graduates may find employment as assistants in recording studios, as entrepreneurs in recording engineering, or as digital audio editors.
Upon successful completion of the Entertainment Technologies–Recording Engineering Option, students will be able to:
- Determine the career tracks and entertainment unions within the entertainment industry
- Determine the application of copyright law within the entertainment industry
- Characterize audio theory and audio measurements.
- Interface the components of a basic sound system
- Interpret the basic theories in theatrical and concert lighting
- Demonstrate proper practices in the areas of recording, and concert sound and lighting
- Demonstrate responsibility in the performance of professional assignments