A 25 31 0 A2
Contact: (336) 334-4822, ext. 50200
This curriculum prepares individuals for employment in medical and other health-care related offices.
Course work will include medical terminology; information systems; office management; medical coding, billing and insurance; legal and ethical issues; and formatting and word processing. Students will learn administrative and support functions and develop skills applicable in medical environments.
Employment opportunities are available in medical and dental offices, hospitals, insurance companies, laboratories, medical supply companies, and other health-care related organizations.
Upon successful completion of the Medical Office Administration - Medical Billing and Coding degree, the graduate should be able to:
- Apply concepts of various software packages to a variety of work settings.
- Communicate orally and in writing with patients and other office personnel.
- Manage medical records both electronically and manually.
- Apply office skills to produce professional documents.
- Use medical terminology and vocabulary effectively.
- Code in a hospital or other inpatient facility.
- Code in a medical office or other outpatient facility.
- Execute financial processes for reimbursement of medical claims in a healthcare facility.
- Use collaboration and communication skills to work effectively and to achieve team goals.
This degree can be completed in a traditional or completely online format. For more information about eDegree programs, please visit the eDegree website. http://edegree.gtcc.edu