D 55 15 0 D2
The Mobile Catering and Food Truck Management Diploma provides specific training required to prepare students to assume positions in catering and food trucks. Students will learn the fundamentals of kitchen equipment, tools, basic cooking, menu prep, teamwork, sanitation and safety, to meet the growing demand for trained professionals in the food truck industry. Graduates should qualify for ownership of a food truck.
Upon successful completion of the Mobile Catering and Food Truck Management diploma, the graduate should be able to:
- Demonstrate professional conduct and interpersonal communication skills with the public, vendors, and other culinary professionals.
- Apply principles of cookery with emphasis on recipe conversion, measurements, terminology, classical knife cuts, food/equipment handling, soups, sauces and related topics.
- Apply principles of proper food safety and sanitation procedures as well as personal hygiene by obtaining ServSafe Certification from National Restaurant Association.
- Utilize foodservice equipment and technology effectively.
- Calculate recipe conversion, measuring, food costing and yield management practices.
- Demonstrate professionalism and leadership standards relating to appearance, time management and conduct.
- Design menus.
- Use social media platforms to promote business and market products.
- Plan off site catering events and demonstrate related techniques for successful quick service and large volume audiences.