Welding Technology - Robot Operator Certificate
Contact: (336) 334-4822, ext. 50054
The Welding Technology Robot Welding Certificate program provides students with a practical understanding of the science, technology and applications essential for successful employment in the welding and metal industry. Instruction includes consumable and non-consumable electrode welding, robotic welding programming, robotic welding operation, and robotic welding product assessment.
The welding courses incorporate safety, GMAW welding, visual welding inspection, robotic welding operation/programming, and testing. This program provides students with industry standard skills developed through classroom instruction and practical application.
Upon completion of the Welding Technology Robot Operator Certificate program, students may be employed as entry-level robotic welder operators in the manufacturing industry.
Emphasis is placed on developing the skills necessary to obtain proficiency in the operation and programming of robotic welders along with the ability to assess welded products manufactured by the robotic welding machines.
Upon successful completion of the Welding Robot Operator Certificate, the graduate should be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of general workplace safety standards.
- Apply knowledge of safety standards specific to welding and automation.
- Produce acceptable manual and robotic welds.
- Demonstrate knowledge of automated production practices.
- Operate and maintain ancillary robotic welding equipment.
- Create new robotic welding programs.
- Edit existing robotic welding programs.
- Backup and transfer robotic welding program files and file folders.
- Assess weld quality using written code.
- Program and adjust power source parameters to improve manual and robotic weld quality.
- Apply knowledge and implement applicable robotic welding applications.
Total credits required for certificate: 18