A 35 10 0
Contact: (336) 334-4822 ext. 53092
The Air Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration Technology curriculum provides the basic knowledge to develop skills necessary to work with residential and light commercial systems.
Topics include mechanical refrigeration, heating and cooling theory, electricity, controls, and safety. The diploma program covers air conditioning, furnaces, heat pumps, tools and instruments. In addition, the AAS degree covers residential building codes, residential system sizing, and advanced comfort systems.
Diploma graduates should be able to assist in the start-up, preventive maintenance, service, repair, and/or installation of residential and light commercial systems. AAS degree graduates should be able to demonstrate an understanding of system selection and balance and advanced systems.
Upon successful completion of the Air Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration degree, the graduate should be able to:
- Install heating and air conditioning systems
- Perform preventive maintenance on heating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems
- Repair electrical components and controls in heating and air conditioning systems
- Demonstrate the ability to interpret and implement the NC HVAC Building Codes
- Demonstrate personal and professional ethics and interpersonal skills that are expected in the workplace
- Apply refrigeration principles and practices to heating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems