A 25 59 0 A5
Contact: (336) 334-4822, ext. 50325
The Web Development track prepares graduates for careers in the information technology arena using computers and distributed computing to disseminate and collect information via the web. Course work in this program covers the terminology and use of computers to build, manage, maintain, and deploy an online presence in today’s multifaceted Internet. Topics covered within this track include Content Management Systems, Social Media, Internet Marketing, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Mobile Device Development, Web Servers, Security, Databases, Programming Languages, as well as Site Development and Design. Studies will provide opportunity for students to learn related industry standards.
Graduates should qualify for career opportunities as web designers, administrators, or developers in the areas of web applications, websites, web services, mobile integration, social media managers, and Internet marketing and analytics professionals.
Upon successful completion of the Information Technology, Web Development track, graduates should be able to:
- Analyze the website related needs of the client and construct a corresponding planning document.
- Identify inefficiencies in existing website and incorporate enhancements to appearance, coding, and overall functionality into a new website.
- Design and develop a website that satisfies specified requirements while executing all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Develop a website that incorporates static and dynamic content utilizing current industry standard software and techniques, including integration with a relational database.
- Design and develop a website that meets World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) standards.
This degree can be completed in a traditional or completely online format. For more information about eDegree programs, please visit the eDegree website. http://edegree.gtcc.edu