A 25 59 0 C14
The Security & Data Assurance Certificate provides students with the skills required to implement effective and comprehensive information security controls. Topics presented to the students will include networking concepts, operating systems administration, information policy, intrusion detection, security administration, and industry best practices to protect data communications.
Graduates should be prepared for employment as security administrators or computer network professionals. Additionally, they will acquire the skills that allow them to pursue security certifications.
Upon successful completion of the Security & Data Assurance certificate, graduates should be able to:
- Identify current ethical issues in computer technology.
- Use appropriate software to monitor network traffic.
- Identify basic security threats.
- Create strategic plans to enhance network security.
- Implement Local Area Networks using both static and dynamic addressing techniques, including subnetting.
This degree can be completed in a traditional or completely online format. For more information about eDegree programs, please visit the eDegree website. http://edegree.gtcc.edu