Oct 04, 2023
A 10 10 0 S1
The two-year program listed below is designed to meet the requirements for an Associate of Arts transfer degree from GTCC and prepare a student for obtaining a Bachelor of Science/Arts in Sociology at University of North Carolina at Greensboro, North Carolina A&T State University, Appalachian State University, or University of North Carolina at Charlotte.
However, students from GTCC seeking a baccalaureate degree may also transfer to other institutions. These institutions may require different courses within the various areas of General Education. Students interested in transferring to a four-year college or university after GTCC should consult with the institution they will be attending, their faculty advisor, and/or the GTCC Student Success Center.
Upon successful completion of this degree, graduates will be able to:
- Use strategies to acquire new information in the field of Sociology.
- Analyze relevant issues in the field of Sociology.
- Apply critical thinking to sociological phenomena.
- Identify concepts in research and data collection.
Total credits required for this pathway: 60
1 ART 111 , ART 114 , ART 115 , MUS 110 , MUS 112 , PHI 215 , PHI 240
- PHI 240 is required in Semester 2 at NC A&T
- If transferring to UNCC, do not take PHI 215 or PHI 240
- If transferring to ASU or UNCC, take SOC 213 in Semester 2
2 If transferring to NC A&T take HIS 112
3 MAT 152 or MAT 171
- If transferring to NC A&T or UNCC take MAT 171
4 AST 151 /AST 151A , CHM 151 , GEL 111 , PHY 110 /PHY 110A , BIO 110 or BIO 111
- If transferring to NC A&T, take BIO 110
5 If transferring to UNCC take HUM 115
6 If transferring to NC A&T take ECO 251
7 If transferring to:
- ASU - take a Free Elective
- UNCC - take MAT 152
8 If transferring to:
- NC A&T - take COM 110
- ASU or UNCC - take a Free Elective