D 55 14 0
Contact: (336) 334-4822, ext. 50081
Limited Enrollment Program:
Contact the Admissions Office for Program admission requirements and Program application deadlines.
This Cosmetology curriculum is designed to provide competency based knowledge, scientific/artistic principles and hands-on fundamentals associated with the cosmetology industry. The curriculum provides a simulated salon environment which enables students to develop manipulative skills. Course work includes instruction in all phases of professional imaging, hair design, chemical processes, skin care, nail care multi-cultural practices, product knowledge and other selected topics. Graduates should qualify to sit for the State Board of Cosmetic Arts examination. Upon successfully passing the State Board exam, graduates will be issued a license. Employment is available in beauty salons and related businesses.
Upon completion of Cosmetology diploma, the graduate should be able to:
- Style hair according to accepted professional standards;
- Perform manicures and pedicures according to accepted professional standards
- Provide skin care services according to accepted professional standards
- Restructure hair using chemical services according to accepted professional standards
- Market services and finances
- Provide a safe and sanitized environment