A 25 59 0 A7
Contact: (336) 334-4822, ext. 50325
The Security and Data Assurance track is designed to cover a broad expanse of computer network and security technology concepts. This curriculum provides individuals with the skills required to implement effective and comprehensive information security controls. Course work includes networking technologies, operating systems administration, information policy, intrusion detection, security administration, and industry best practices to protect data communications. In addition to these topics, students in this program of study have the opportunity to select 15 technical elective hours. It is recommended that the student select courses found within one of our many associated certifications, in which case the student will earn an additional certificate in a field of study (such as Cyber Crime or Network Management) to compliment the Security and Data Assurance track.
Graduates should be prepared for employment as security administrators. Additionally, they will acquire the skills that allow them to pursue security certifications.
Upon successful completion of the Information Technology, Security and Data Assurance track, graduates should be able to:
- Identify current ethical issues and security threats in computer technology
- Use appropriate software to monitor network traffic
- Create strategic plans to enhance network security
- Implement Local Area Networks using both static and dynamic addressing techniques, including subnetting
- Configure domain-based Local Area Networks according to accepted standards
This degree can be completed in a traditional or completely online format. For more information about eDegree programs, please visit the eDegree website. http://edegree.gtcc.edu