A 25 31 0 A1
Contact: (336) 334-4822, ext. 50200
The Medical Office Administration curriculum prepares individuals for employment as medical administrative personnel in the areas of medical office, medical billing and coding, dental office, patient services, and medical documents.
Course work includes medical terminology, computer applications, medical office management, medical coding, medical insurance and billing, medical legal and ethical issues, oral and written communication, and other topics depending on the subject area selected within this curriculum.
Graduates should qualify for employment opportunities in a variety of medical office positions in medical and dental offices, hospitals, insurance companies, laboratories, medical supply companies, and other healthcare related organizations.
Upon successful completion of the Medical Office Administration degree, the graduate should be able to:
- Apply concepts of various software packages to a variety of work settings.
- Communicate orally and in writing with patients and other office personnel.
- Manage medical records both electronically and manually.
- Apply office skills to produce professional documents.
- Use medical terminology and vocabulary effectively.
- Use collaboration and communication skills to work effectively and to achieve team goals.
This degree can be completed in a traditional or completely online format. For more information about eDegree programs, please visit the eDegree website. http://edegree.gtcc.edu