A 25 31 0 A2
Contact: (336) 334-4822, ext. 50200
This curriculum prepares individuals for employment in medical and other health-care related offices.
Course work will include medical terminology; information systems; office management; medical coding, billing and insurance; legal and ethical issues; and formatting and word processing. Students will learn administrative and support functions and develop skills applicable in medical environments.
Employment opportunities are available in medical and dental offices, hospitals, insurance companies, laboratories, medical supply companies, and other health-care related organizations.
Upon successful completion of the Medical Office Administration - Medical Billing and Coding degree, the graduate should be able to:
- Use various software to complete business tasks.
- Demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills
- Use and manage medical office records accurately.
- Demonstrate the ability to work in a collaborative and ethical manner.
- Perform coding for an inpatient and outpatient facility.
This degree can be completed in a traditional or completely online format. For more information about eDegree programs, please visit the eDegree website. http://edegree.gtcc.edu