A 25 31 0 A2
Contact: (336) 334-4822, ext. 50200
This curriculum prepares individuals for employment in medical and other health-care related offices.
Course work will include medical terminology; information systems; office management; medical coding, billing and insurance; legal and ethical issues; and formatting and word processing. Students will learn administrative and support functions and develop skills applicable in medical environments.
Successful graduates qualify for clerical/administrative positions in medical and dental offices, hospitals, insurance companies, and other healthcare-related entities.
Students have the opportunity to sit for the AAPC’s Certified Professional Coder (CPC®) exam.
Upon successful completion of the Medical Office Administration - Medical Billing and Coding degree, the graduate should be able to:
- Use various software to complete business tasks.
- Demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills
- Use and manage medical office records accurately.
- Demonstrate the ability to work in a collaborative and ethical manner.
- Perform coding for an inpatient and outpatient facility.
This degree can be completed in a traditional or completely online format. For more information about eDegree programs, please visit the eDegree website. http://edegree.gtcc.edu