* If MAT 143 is planned for Semester 2, then it is required that an additional Gen Ed/Pre-major elective be taken in Semester 1 to reach the 60-61 hours needed for the Associate of Arts degree.
- If transferring to UNCG, the above schedule is compatible.
- If transferring to NC A&T University, use the above schedule with these two exceptions: take MAT 171 and MAT 172 and only two semesters of a language.
- If transferring to UNCC, make these adjustments: Take MAT 171 and three semesters of a language. You will be required to select a concentration: Health Communication, International Public Relation, Mass Media, Organizational Communication, Public Advocacy, or Public Relations. For the specific course variations for each of these concentrations, please see UNCC’s transfer guide.
- If transferring to ASU as a Communication Studies concentration, the above schedule is compatible. Please note Foreign Language is not required but GTCC highly suggests a language. There are four other concentrations in communication including: Advertising, Electronic Media/Broadcasting, Journalism, and Public Relations. For the specific course variations for each of these concentrations, please see the ASU transfer guide.
- If transferring to UNCW, the schedule is compatible except HIS 112 is suggested rather than HIS 131 .